The deadline for filing for local school boards, boards of aldermen and mayoral positions for the April election is 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21, on days that schools are in session and city halls are open.
School board candidates should file at the particular school district’s central office, and board of aldermen candidates and mayoral candidates should file at the respective city hall.
Those who have filed for local school board races as of late this past week include the following:
• Dallas County R-1 School Board, three positions open: Wayne Rieschel and Kirby Vest, both of whom are incumbents.
• Hickory County R-1 (Skyline) School Board, three positions open: Incumbents Nathan Warstadt, Emil Edwards and Troy Pinon have filed, as has Josh Hartley.
• Fair Grove R-10 School Board, three positions open: Incumbents Joy Reynaud and Daryle Orr have filed, as has Tanner Dowling.
• Macks Creek R-5 School Board, three positions open: Incumbents Connie Russell, Josh Kingston and Michael Parrack have filed, as have Craig Parrack, Sara Stoufer and Scott Gould.
Those who have filed for local municipal races as of early this week include the following:
• Buffalo Board of Aldermen, one position open in Ward 1, Ward 2 and Ward 3: Terry Lane, incumbent from Ward 3, is the only person to have filed as of early Monday morning.
• Urbana mayor: No one has filed as of early Monday morning.
• Urbana Board of Aldermen, two positions open: Paul Person II and incumbent Phyllis Hood have filed.
• Fair Grove mayor: Stephen Short has filed.
• Fair Grove Board of Aldermen, one position open in Ward 1, Ward 2 and Ward 3: Richard Avery has filed for the Ward 1 position; Christopher Hodges and incumbent Steve Mallard have filed for the Ward 2 position; incumbent Jeffrey O’Dell Danderson has filed for the Ward 3 position.