Chronic pain is an ongoing issue for many people throughout the Ozarks. These individuals — and those who help care for them — are invited to a six-week workshop about how to manage their pain, and the first session starts Tuesday, Sept. 10.
The workshop will cover the following information:
• Set and meet personal goals.
• Identify and implement simple techniques that can improve quality of life.
• Improve communication with physicians.
• Handle stress more effectively.
• Increase energy levels and improve relaxation.
Classes will be held weekly from 1 to 3 p.m. at CoxHealth’s Center for Health Improvement. Cost for the six sessions is $25, which includes a book and exercise CD.
The deadline to register is Sept. 6. To register, call (417) 269-4847.