Absentee ballots for the November Election are available in the Dallas County Clerk's Office. Voters who are not able to vote at the polls on election day are eligible to cast an absentee ballot.
Reasons for voting by absentee ballot are:
• Going to be out of your polling location on election day
• Health issues, or care giver to a disabled person
• Working as a poll worker in a jurisdiction other than your own
• If you have contracted or are at-risk for contraction or transmitting severe acute respiratory syndrome COVID-19.
These are the following at-risk individuals:
• 65 years or older
• serious heart condition
• liver disease
• in a long-term care facility
• chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
• chronic kidney disease and are undergoing dialysis
You may cast a mail-in ballot. If you are requesting this option, your ballot will have to be notarized before it is returned to Stephanie Hendrick’s office.
The last day to request a ballot by mail is Oct. 21, 2020.
For more information regarding absentee voting contact County Clerk Stephanie Hendricks at (417) 345-2632.